Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This post makes my teeth hurt

I am forcing myself to go to bed early tonight because I was a total zombie this morning. A really, really grumpy, crabby zombie. Every night I have the best intentions of going to bed at a semi-decent hour, but then I get hooked on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon or an old episode of Friends. Why is all the good TV on late at night? 

Tomorrow I have to leave work early to go to the dentist. Yuck. I used to be terrified of the dentist when I was little. I would literally shake the entire day before an appointment and beg my Mom not to make me go. I HATED the dentist with my whole heart.

I'm much better now, but this time I am almost positive I have a cavity. Womp womp. I hope I'm wrong. I just hope she doesn't have to poke at my teeth too much with that awful metal poking scraper stick thing. You know, the really sharp one? It digs into your gums with alarming precision. I despise that and the sound it makes against your teeth...

Ok, I'll stop. I'm making my teeth hurt writing about it. Oh no wait, that might be the cavity. Argh.

I'm also going to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tomorrow night at a small theater near my parent's house. I haven't seen it in years, so I'm kind of excited. In the height of it's popularity when I was 10, I think I saw it about 5 times in the theater. And I had the biggest crush ever on Donny Osmond. Yes, I was a bit of an odd duck. But his voice was just so dreamy...

Alright, I better tear myself away from Susan Boyle (can't stop watching that darn video) and Blogger and force myself into bed now. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Rachie said...

Ugh dentists. I need to go see one soon. It's been an embarrassing amount of time since I've last had a check up. Hope yours goes well!

Anonymous said...

I love the dentist! lol. I don't understand how people hate it so much. I guess I've been lucky enough to visit regularly that I've never really had problems with my teeth. I'm cavity free! (Sorry to rub it in)! Haha, payback for UFC. Your teeth feel so clean and smooth afterward, your breath is all minty fresh and tingly. It's like going to the salon when they wash your hair. It always feels better when someone else is does it!

erin - heart in ireland said...

Hope the dentist went well, I also hate the dentist. Have fun at the theatre, I've never seen the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.