Sunday, November 2, 2008

Clark Kent is to Superman as Pam is to...

I'm baaaack. It's Sunday night and it feel likes WAY later than it actually is because it's been dark for ages already. It's going to take a couple days to get used to the time change...

Anyway, I had a wonderful weekend in Milwaukee with my boyfriend. We hit up a few of my favorite Milwaukee hotspots (ha), went to an amazingly touristy apple orchard and finally got to enjoy conversations lasting longer than 5 minutes (I hate you, cell phone).

And I was SO excited when I realized that not one, but TWO radio station in Milwaukee are already playing Christmas music 24/7. Though I agree it is a bit too early for that, I was still insanely jealous. The Holiday Lite doesn't come on until 11/22 here...darn it. I am so ready to get in the holiday spirit! Oh wait...I think I already am.

I got back early this afternoon (woohoo Amtrak) and my day has been way too stressful for a Sunday. I blame it all on my phone. First I was talking to my sister and she couldn't hear a word I was saying and when she finally could hear me, the phone dropped my calls. It happened about 3 times. Then a voicemail from my Mom magically appeared on my phone from hours before...she was wondering why she couldn't get through to me. Then my sister called back and still couldn't hear me...so I picked up my phone and chucked it at the wall (I was just a little frustrated). And the damn thing didn't break. Wishful thinking, I guess.

And since then, it dropped me 4 times while I talked to my Mom for 20 minutes, and dropped me again while I was talking to my boyfriend. When we finally did get to talk, the line was so garbled I couldn't understand him. SO FRUSTRATING.

So I am currently trying to figure out if it is my AT&T service that is failing me or if it's just my phone being a huge pain in the bum. I really, really want to get an iPhone soon so I'm hoping that it's not AT&T. I also heard that even if AT&T isn't the best service, the iPhone tends to get really good reception anyway...so if anyone out there has any experience with AT&T, iPhones or anything like that, please let me know! I need advice!

While I wasn't dealing with the phone from hell today, I was out running around like a crazy lady with my sister. We are going to a superhero party in a couple weeks and we both need costumes. The invitation says we can dress as superheroes, villains or a create-your-own costume pertaining to the theme.

So we have been discussing this ALL week since we knew we needed to get costumes ASAP before the Halloween stores close. I suggested we dress up as the Wicked Witch of the East and the Wicked Witch of the West. It would be easy and they were villains...but apparently that wasn't "superhero-y" enough.

If you think about it, there are barely any female superheroes/villains. Super Girl? Lame. Wonder Woman? Eh. Bat Girl? Really? Cat Woman? I refuse to wear a spandex body suit.

I REALLY wanted us to dress up as Hermey the Elf Dentist and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...even though he's a reindeer, he is TOTALLY a superhero. He flies, he has a hot red nose AND he single-handedly saved Christmas. How else was Santa supposed to get through the blinding snow to deliver presents to all the world's children? Pssh. Totally amazing, I think.

I was vetoed. Still not superhero-y enough. Four stores and two hours later, my sister decided to be Mighty Mouse. And I still have no costume. I want to be cute, but not slutty. And if I'm going to spend money on a costume, I want it to include something that I can wear again...like a cute dress.

So right now, I'm thinking I could be Poison Ivy from the Batman series (I LOVE green and I'm already looking for a green dress for the holidays anyway) or the Wicked Witch of the West (already have a perfect black dress). The problem with Poison Ivy is that I need to be able to find fake ivy to pin on me/put in my hair in the city...and with no car, that could be a problem. The problem with the second one is that after today, I'm pretty sure it will be nearly impossible to find a witch's hat in a store..and it's still not very superhero-y.

Oh well.

I need help. Does anyone have any good ideas as to what I can be? I could also create my own superhero costume, but I have NO idea where to go with that one...if you think of anything, please let me know! I'd love some help! :)

No comments: