Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama is the bee's knees



Ok, it's official. I have a huge crush on the first family. 

President Obama (woohoo) and the new First Lady are amazing. I loved watching them all day, from leaving their hotel first thing this morning, to taking the oath of office, to their dances at the inaugural balls. They just seem so in love, don't they? 

And Malia and Sasha? So cute. I loved that Malia had her digital camera the whole time and was taking pictures of everything. Aww...it will be fun to have kids in the White House now. 

I loved everything about today. I woke up SO excited that it was Inauguration Day. I watched the coverage this morning and had to unwillingly pry myself from my TV to go to work. As soon as I got there, I jumped on CNN to watch the live CNN/Facebook feed. (Facebook? Weird.) No one at work really mentioned much about the Inauguration (besides some of them making fun of the people standing out in the snow watching the big screen outside of the Tribune Tower...where I secretly wanted to be), so I was kind of bummed that I'd have to watch it alone.

At 10:30am, I went into the kitchen and noticed a few of my coworkers already sitting on the chairs and couches in front of the TV, watching all the coverage. I was shocked. But I plopped down next to them anyway and before I knew it, EVERY single person I work with (about 20 or so) was gathered in the kitchen to watch the Inauguration. It was a really cool experience. We all have very different views and opinions, yet we all bonded together to watch history being made.  We laughed at Aretha Franklin's hat together (it was a bit much), giggled over the oath slip-up together, and sat in awed silenced together as we listened to Obama address the nation as President for the first time.

Definitely a thumbs up to you, Mr. President.

And while the Obamas are being whisked from ball to ball (tehehe), I am sitting here hooked to the TV, soaking up every moment. I love Michelle's ball gown. And Barack just looks so handsome. And their first dance? Swoon. I have to admit...I actually liked Beyonce for a minute or two. 

But my favorite part of the evening? The headline on the CNN website:

"Obamas juggle inauguration balls"

The 6th grade girl in me can't stop giggling...

Congratulations, President Obama. I can't wait to see all the good things you'll bring to this country over the next four years!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with Obama too.

erin - heart in ireland said...

I definitely have a crush on the first family, it seems that most people do!

I absolutely love Michelle. She is just spectacular, completely classy and just amazing and dedicated and is just a great woman. She is quickly becoming one of my role models of a great hardworking wife/mother/amazing woman.

A few of my co-workers and I stayed late at work to watch it, and just wow. His speech was brilliant.

Her dress, omg. She was gorgeous, I loved how he opened the Neighbourhood Ball, I love how real he is, he makes mistakes and how happy he looked last night. And how in LOVE they looked.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm in love with the first family too. They are adorable and totally seem like a "real" family. I didn't get to watch hardly any of the footage on tv. Woo for you tube! Oh, and I tagged you for an award on my blog. yay!