You like me! You really like me!
zentiment gave me my very first blog award yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. Thank you again! I feel like I've finally "arrived" in the blogging world. Hooray!
The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
So first, my 7 blogs (in no particular order) are:
And now I have to list 10 "honest" things about myself. I feel like I'm confessing my deepest secrets to the blog world...oh wait, I am.
1. I tell people I'm deathly allergic to seafood. I've even been known to request that my food not be prepared with/near/around seafood due to my "allergy". It's a lie. I just really, really, really hate seafood—ALL of it (especially shrimp and tuna). I can't stand the sight or smell of it. Who knows, maybe I am slightly allergic...my hatred started when I was 6 and was violently ill from eating shrimp. Eh, probably not.
2. I yelled at a pregnant woman once. Yes, I know, that's not very nice, but in my defense it was on an airplane after she had just THROWN UP all over me. She was sitting behind me, across, the aisle, yet somehow managed to aim right for my head, pants, neck, carry-on bag, etc. It put a bit of a damper on my high school spring break trip with my friends as I was COVERED in vomit. I overreacted a bit and started screaming and then turned around, looked at her and yelled, "THAT'S WHAT BARF BAGS ARE FOR!" The flight attendant quickly hauled me to the back of the plane and washed my hair in the airplane bathroom sink. Not my finest moment and now I feel very bad for getting mad when she really couldn't help it.
3. Yes, I'm a bit of a drama queen. Well, more like I'm a really big over-reactor.
4. I love the MTV show Made. And I would really love to be on it, despite the fact that I'm not socially awkward and in high school. I used to want to go on it for running (I'm the only one in my fam who doesn't like to run), but now I want to go on it to learn to play the violin. Playing the violin is my (not so) secret dream.
5. I have an older brother and sister who I'm very close to, but I've just recently realized that I've always done things differently than them. They went to the same summer camp, same college, moved to the same Chicago neighborhood, etc. Without realizing it (until now), I've always chosen a different path...different college, different camp, different 'hood. I always thought I'd do things just like them but when it comes down to it, I don't. And I'm not sure why.
6. I tend to be a jealous person. I'm really, really trying to work on it, but sometimes that little green envy monster jumps up and bites me. I need to learn to tame that little sucker.
7. I have a really warped body image.
8. To me, long conversations on public transportation are unforgivable, Yes, I understand checking in with home or saying you're running late, but catching up with a long lost friend or bitching about work is not okay. It's rude to everyone around you and it makes me really angry. Sometimes I am so tempted to grab the phone of their hand and throw it out the window. In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!"
9. I'm moving to Milwaukee in 6 months to be closer to my boyfriend. That's the first time I've officially admitted that to myself and it makes me really, really scared/nervous/anxious/excited. Ah!
10. I flirted with OCD as a kid. I used to go around my house every night obsessing over things being locked, unplugged, etc. It was bad. I kicked the habit eventually, but even now I get all quirky about making sure doors are locked at night, alarm clocks are set, etc.
11. I have irrational fears of people riding their bikes with no hands, jellyfish (even though I had never seen a real one before last summer), when airplanes turn (don't ask), fire and tornadoes.
Oh wow, 11!