Tuesday, October 7, 2008

They're always after me Lucky Charms

I love cereal. A LOT. From Lucky Charms to Cheerios, I love them all. And right now I am absolutely in love with Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini Wheats. Since I've really been on a blueberry kick lately (which will surely show up in another post), I was more than willing to try this new cereal. I bought my first box a couple months ago and it was love at first taste. Even as you open the box, you can smell the delicious blueberry aroma wafting toward your nose. I could easily finish a box in one sitting, so it truly is a test of self control. Each bite seems to better than the one before—from the first crunch to the very last wheat-y scraps on the bottom (my favorite part). But to me, this cereal is a little too sweet to eat for breakfast...but it's absolutely perfect for a snack any time of the day.

So what's my breakfast cereal of choice? That would be Special K. Aaaamazing. For years I refused to try it. I thought it was just another one of those other plain cereals like Wheaties or Total (no offense). But one day in the grocery story I decided to be a grown up and give it a try and it's been a part of my complete breakfast ever since. I like it plain, with just a dash of milk. My only complaint is that it gets soggy ridiculously quickly. But then again, I'm usually in a hurry in the morning, so it doesn't have time to go too far down the mushy path.

My next big adventure is a brand new Kashi cereal I picked up yesterday called Honey Sunshine. (And yes, I picked it because of the name...it's just so darn perky) I can't wait to give it a whirl.

No comments: