Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

While on the subject of breakfast, I might as well profess my love for it. I make sure I enjoy it every single morning, without fail. It starts my day off on the right foot and if I don't have it, it's not a pretty sight. I get grumpy, tired, crabby and just generally unpleasant to be around. Yikes.

But I'm not one of those "just a granola bar please" girls, nor am I all about piling on the bacon and eggs. (In fact, I don't like bacon at all). I love cereal (obviously), yogurt, bagels and english muffins (I love the carbs). I get up early on weekday morning just so I can have time to relax and eat breakfast. I've even developed a little routine:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday....fat free yogurt and a whole wheat english muffin topped with peanut butter (organic) and a touch of honey
Tuesday, Thursday...fat free yogurt and a bowl of Special K cereal

And lately, I've been changing it up on Tuesdays and Thursdays and making an amazing peanut butter and banana smoothie instead. My recipe is:
-1 cup of light vanilla soy milk
-1 whole banana
-2 tbs. organic peanut butter
-1 packet flax seed oil
-2 ice cubes

Oh and I have an apple as a midmorning snack EVERY single day. It's delicious and nutritious. My friends think I'm a bit nuts, but I'm a creature of habit and boy, do I love breakfast.

No comments: