Monday, October 13, 2008

Sailing the Four Seas

I'm quite aware of the absolute randomness of my posts thus far. And honestly, there will probably never be much order to them. I basically write about whatever pops into my head. There's a good chance a lot of them might be about food...who doesn't have their favorites?

And today feels like one of those days to talk about one of my favorite foods...ice cream!


This summer I had the most amazing ice cream EVER at Four Seas Ice Cream (fourseasicecream.com) in Centerville, MA (that would be on Cape Cod for people like me that have no clue about New England geography). Apparently it's always been a favorite of the Kennedy family. I believe one of the daughters even had Four Seas ice cream had her wedding. I can only hope that one day I'll be so lucky...

I first tried Four Seas two years ago, the first time I went out and stayed with my boyfriend and his parents at their Cape house. He had forewarned them about my obsession with ice cream (I could eat it every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner), and so they decided to take me to their favorite place, Four Seas. We only went once, on my very last day, and it was absolutely amazing. I knew as I took my first bite that I was experiencing ice cream perfection.

It wasn't until this last summer that I was able to go back. His family and I went there not once...not twice...but three times in a span of five days and I fell head over heels in love with Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate. It's so creamy and sweet with the perfect combination of smooth peanut butter ice cream and rich dark chocolate chunks. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

After hearing me profess my love for the delightful little ice cream shop, my boyfriend's parents bought me a Four Seas T-shirt, which I proudly wear around Chicago. And every time I wear it, someone recognizes it and immediately strikes up a conversation about it. From the barista at Starbucks to a girl in line at Border's, it's quite the attention-getter. And everyone always agrees on one thing—"it's the best ice cream ever!"

So if you're ever at the Cape, in Massachusetts or anywhere within reasonable driving distance (hey, it's not too far from Chicago, right?), you definitely need to make a stop at Four Seas. Unfortunately, it's only seasonal, so I guess you might have to wait until Memorial Day to try it (womp womp). I'm already counting down...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

There's no rhyme or reason for how I blog either. Especially when it comes to food. If I crave it, I write it! That ice cream sounds delish.