Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a Starbucks miracle


I'd like a tall, nonfat, no whip, pumpkin spice latte, please.

Meet the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL). Hands down, best drink ever made. And the fact that it's seasonal makes it even more appealing (if that's even possible). Sometimes I get a grande, sometimes I splurge on whip, but no matter how I order it, it's always amazing.

With an aromatic pumpkin flavor and a hint of nutmeg, it's the perfect hot drink for a chilly fall day. It smells like fall, it tastes like fall...it's basically fall in a cup. And I could probably drink one every single day.

They're around from the beginning of September until the holiday season. And even then, though they might not be listed on the menu, they're still available. That's good to know when you get sick of the holiday flavors...there's only so many peppermint mochas you can have a year.

When they came back to stores this September, I had forgotten about them. Caught up in the joys of summer and the frustration of moving, I wasn't even thinking about my seasonal favorite. When I walked into Starbucks that early September morning and saw the sign marking the glorious return of the PSL, I literally "whooped" out loud with delight. I don't think I've ever "whooped" about anything, but I was THAT excited. People gave me funny looks, but I just grinned from ear to ear and ordered a grande.

Later that day, one of my coworkers enthusiastically announced to everyone that PSLs were back. I stood up in my cube and yelled "WOOOHOOO PSL!". (What can I say, I get really excited). She shared my excitement and before I knew it, we had started Pumpkin Spice Latte Day. Every Friday morning, after our daily status meeting, we go down to the Starbucks in our building and order our PSLs just the way we like them. It's a small celebration of our favorite beverage, but it's just enough to keep us excited all week long. Of course we could go any other day during the week, but I have to try to practice a little self control.

And now writing this post really makes me want a PSL. Friday seems so far away...

2 comments:

Bayjb said...

I think I really need to get one of these because EVERYONE is talking about them, it's like the fall version of the Shamrock Shake.

Anonymous said...

MMMM, PSL. I'm so glad that there is not a single Starbucks on my drive to work (amazing, right?) because I would be completely broke over the PSLs!