Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A bit of a funk

It's one of those weeks.

I'm in a funk. I feel out of sorts, tired, frustrated, stressed, annoyed, friendless, alone, bored, antsy, disappointed and pretty much blah about everything.

Whew. That's a lot to feel.

It's not that it's been a bad week or anything, I just feel melancholy. It's like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed for the whole week. I'm frustrated with a project at work, I feel like a frump lately and now that I realize I am busy every single weekend until mid-January, I'm getting claustrophobic.

And my cell phone is worse than ever lately...the reception is absolutely terrible. It cuts in, it cuts out, it gets fuzzy, it drops calls all the time...it sucks. And it's especially problematic when I'm trying to talk to my boyfriend. We're doing the long distance thing right now. He lives in Milwaukee, I live in Chicago. I think we do a great job with it, but sometimes it gets difficult..especially when all I want to do is talk to him after a long day and my damn cell phone keeps cutting out. We both end up getting frustrated and then it just adds to the stress of everything...

So I was going to write about the time I met Jake Gyllenhaal, but I think I'll have to pass on that today. I need to be back to my normal excessively excited self to retell that story in all its glory. I don't want to waste in on a bad mood. Plus, I want to dig up the pictures from that wonderful evening...

Apparently I'm a total space cadet this week, too. I just finished washing a HUGE pile of dishes...ugh. But while I was washing them, I must have completely spaced out, because the next thing I knew, I was standing over my amazing $1 stemless wine glasses (woo World Market), and I was "playing" them. You know...when they're filled with water and you run your finger around the rim and you can make "music". I must say, I created a few nice notes. And then I realized that my poor hands were raw (I had A LOT of dishes to wash), so the play time had to stop (sigh).

So I'm sorry to those of you who have to cross paths with me (or have to listen to me rant on gchat) this week...I'm not normally this flustered. I'm absolutely positive that I'll be in a fantastic mood next week. After all, the Starbucks holiday drinks are coming out...what's not to love about that?!

And now I'm going to pop in Love Actually, immerse myself in the lovely little world of Colin Firth and Huge Grant, and polish off my glass of pinot noir. Goodnight.

2 comments:

James said...

I had a day like that just this past weekened. I like to think we have to have days like that, just so we can appreciate the good days even more.

And a good movie and a glass of wine? Always been my antidote :)

Anonymous said...

Love Actually and a glass of wine, it's a cure for all. I've done it many times!