Monday, December 1, 2008

Son of a nutcracker!

Since I love Christmas so much, it's only fitting that I write about some of my favorite things. 

So I now present to you my top five favorite Christmas movies:


Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

1. Elf. No surprise here. I could watch this movie all day, every day the whole year and I still wouldn't get tired of it. I love it. It always makes me laugh. My brother and I constantly quote this via text message, everything from "Good news, I saw a dog today" to "Francisco...frannnciscooo" And "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite" is my favorite movie quote ever. Love it.

We invite you to ask yourself this one simple question: 
Do you believe in Santa Claus?

2. Miracle on 34th Street. Ok confession, I've never actually seen the original version, though I own it. But I LOVE the new version (own that, too). There's something so magical about this movie and yes, I'm proud to admit that I do believe in Santa Claus.

Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.
 
3. It's A Wonderful Life. I cry every time I watch this movie. The classic Christmas movies are some of the very best ones. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And that George Bailey is such a good man...

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion 
love actually is all around.

4. Love Actually. How could you not love this movie? It's cute and funny and I love it. My favorite couple? Jamie and Aurelia, of course. And I love how all the characters are connected. The first time I saw this movie I remember being amazed by it all. Such great stories.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

5. A Christmas Story. The Christmas Eve staple. I like this one based solely on tradition. Every year TBS plays 24 hours of A Christmas Story, and every year I get sucked in. After Christmas Eve Mass, after my Grandma's house, while I'm drifting off to sleep, the next day after we open gifts, while we eat breakfast...I can't get enough of it. And that's the only day of the year I actually watch that movie. 

Honorable Mentions: Home Alone ("Look what you did you little jerk") and How the Grinch Stole Christmas—the animated version, NOT the Jim Carrey version ("I wouldn't touch you with a 39 and a half foot pole")

So there you have it. Now I'm going to pop in the original Miracle on 34th Street for the first time and hop into bed. 

...and to all a good night. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Christmas movie of all time is The Christmas Story. LOVE it!