Thursday, December 18, 2008

Doin' the holiday hustle

Tomorrow is my last day of work for two wonderful weeks. My office closes between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day (which is awesome) and I was able to use my remaining vacation days to maximize my time off. I couldn't be more excited. Not only will I be able to relax and enjoy the holidays, but I'll also be able to get away from the "cesspool of sickness" that is my office, as the senior copywriter so nicely put it (every single person is sick, it's kind of gross).

So now I won't be at my apartment for about two weeks and I've been running around like a mad woman packing things, getting errands done and finishing up all my Christmas shopping. 

But once work ends Friday, the craziness really begins. I have to hop on the L, rush to O'Hare and await my flight to Boston. Unfortunately, Chicago is supposed to get hit with a snow/ice/sleet storm over the next couple of days. Not only that, but Boston is supposed to get hit with a big snowstorm, too. With those two combined, it should make for an interesting travel experience. Can't wait!

I am really excited to go out there, though. And then I get back on Tuesday afternoon, get to wrap tons of presents (I LOVE wrapping, seriously), and hang out at my parent's house. Then it's off to church and my Grandma's house for Christmas Eve. 

The most exciting thing? My family and I have decided this year will be a Pajama Christmas. Every other year we had to drive 6 hours to visit my Dad's family in southern Illinois on Christmas Day. I love my family, but spending the whole day in a car is NOT fun, especially when the only place open to get lunch is a really, really sad Wendy's in the middle of nowhere where people chain smoke and babies scream and everyone looks like they want to hurt you for being happy. But this year, we're not leaving until Friday, so we get to veg out all day on Christmas in our pajamas. I can't even wait.

It's going to be a crazy week, but it's going to be a blast. And two full weeks without work? It's going to be amazing! It's like I'm back in school again and get a holiday break...yay!

No comments: