Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Staying classy

Thanks for all the input, everyone! I really appreciate it. And of course, the winner is definitely the black dress. I was hoping you all would choose that one! I'll try to sneak a prom pic of me and J to show you the final ensemble. I hope we can get one in front of an awesome balloon arch or something. 

I'm getting kind of excited for prom. But honestly, it's going to be really weird to be at a nice event and not be able to drink. For the last 5+ years, I've been able to have a glass of wine, beer, etc (though not always legally) to loosen up and kick up my heels and dance. I kind of associate dressing up with drinking. Not heavily, of course, but still. I like to feel classy with high heels and a glass of wine. I guess they just go together in my head—which became apparent to me when I asked J if there would be an open bar. Whoops. 

Ok, this is going to be a short post. I had my fiction writing class tonight and then had to race home through the crazy thunderstorms to watch the finale of America's Next Top Model. Tomorrow night is going to be nuts. I'm going to see Legally Blonde the Musical (SO EXCITED!) and then I have to come home and watch the season finales of The Office and Grey's Anatomy. Normally I wouldn't stay up so late to watch TV, but I  just know someone will totally spoil the endings for me on Friday if I don't watch them. And that would be heartbreaking.

I better make sure I have a fresh box of Kleenex handy for Grey's. If it's anything like last week, I'll probably be crying myself to sleep. 

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Oh I hope you have fun at the show! I can't wait to hear all about it.