Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm obsessed with green

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In honor of my second favorite holiday, I thought I'd post some of my very favorite pictures featuring the star of the day: Ireland (well, kind of...sorry, St. Patrick)
Second trip to the Cliffs of Moher

View from the Rock of Cashel in County Tipperary

View from the side of the road near Dingle
Sheep. Lots and lots of sheep everywhere you go.

I miss Ireland. I can't wait to go back one day. Everything is just so green and vibrant and lovely...

Ok wow, sorry, got all nostalgic there. 

So now I have a question for all of you. Since I'm heading on vacation on Saturday, I need some good books to read. While I normally love reading Jodi Picoult and Phillipa Gregory books, I'm looking for something a little bit lighter and and a whole lot funnier this time (not that I don't love balling my eyes out on the beach). Maybe chick lit (love Shopaholic) or maybe not...I just want an easy, fun beach read that keeps me entertained. 

So if anyone has any good suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks a million!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Happy St Patrick's Day!


Ever read Naked by David Sedaris? It's light and awesome.

erin - heart in ireland said...

Gorgeous shots, I love Dingle!

Some great chick lit for the beach - anything marion keyes, jennifer weiner, emily griffin, jane green!

i sorta love chick lit!

Alison said...

I second what Cheryl says - David Sedaris is hilarious! I've only read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" but have heard that "Naked" is just as great.

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty. I want to travel so bad. I've never been out of the country, been to quite a few different states though. I have no reading material suggestions. I'm lame like that!