Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aruba, Jamaica, ooo I want to take you...

Get those tropical drinks and sunbeams ready, Aruba. Here I come!

Tomorrow is my last day of work for a whole glorious week.  Then I'm heading up to my parents' house in the 'burbs tomorrow night to see my Dad (who will just be getting back from Shanghai), see my dogs and do my final preparations for the big trip. 

My Mom, sister and I will head to the airport bright and early Saturday morning to begin our "spring break" in Aruba. Woooo spring break! It's going to get rowdy!! Or not. All I really want to do is lay on the beach, squish my toes in the sand, and sip an icy piña colada with a little umbrella in it. Oh and maybe hug a palm tree or two (bad habit of mine). I've never been to the Caribbean before, so I'm really excited. 

I've been listening to Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley all week to put me in the mood and boy, has it worked. Probably a little too much. I'm pretty sure my coworkers are ready to shoot me since I've had a huge smile on my face since yesterday. Whoops.

And tonight I've been scrambling to do my last minute preparations. I did all my dishes, sobbed as a I watched Grey's Anatomy and wrote this lovely little post. I still have to update my iPod, have a little summer clothes fashion show with myself and figure out which bag to use as my carry on. Yikes! So much to do. I already know I'll over-pack by a ton (I always do), but I'm okay with that. You just never know what you'll want to wear, right? Last night I got so excited about unearthing my summer clothes that I literally threw every sundress, short-sleeved shirt, tank top, etc in my suitcase. So I guess I kind of need to do a little unpacking now...

But anyway, I'll be in Aruba for a week. Don't worry though, I won't leave you hanging. I wrote a couple of posts to you keep entertained while I'm away. And I think they're pretty good, if I do say so myself. Oh and never fear, I promise not to go follow any Dutch boys into the sea or whatever (it's a little creepy how many people have warned me of that...)

Oh well. Have a wonderful week everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!!! Have a good time (without us!) !!

erin - heart in ireland said...

have a fabulous time!

i also have a slight obsession with hugging palm trees! another reason why i love ireland!

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

The Caribbean is awesome. You are going to love it. And the ocean is so crystal blue. And the sun, oh the sun.

Alison said...

Jealous!!! Have a wonderful time in the land of palm trees and turquoise waters!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be such a great vacay! Yep, I'm jealous too. Especially since my Vegas trip got cancelled this weekend! Lame! I always over pack too. I pack like my dad, taking anything and everything that I just MIGHT need. You never know!

Anonymous said...

..I'm so envious right now.

Life is so unfair.

Anonymous said...

So you know for when you get back, I changed my blog from Zentiment to Zenfully Me. Fyi.